As we have seen some on line scams, phishing attacks and a lot of disinformation on social media concerning the Coronavirus outbreak, we thought it might be useful to gather together some links to source information.
We recommend always fact checking with verifiable sources when it comes to social media posts or emails that promise cures, riches or are designed to increase your fears and anxieties. As always don’t click on any links without checking first if the site the link is taking you to is legitimate.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- World Health Organisation – Coronavirus scam alert
- World Health Organisation – Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak
- World Health Organisation – WHO supports Botswana’s preparedness and response efforts for coronavirus
- Unicef – Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): What parents should know
- Snopes – Coronavirus: Why People Are in a Panic to Buy Toilet Paper
- Be Alert – Clisk Safe!